Reyes' answer to NOT having to meet with the public at large is to tell constituents to "call his office", "make an appointment", etc. Well, did HE make an appointment with you when he was begging for votes? Did he personally call you, was it a pre-recorded call or one from a campaign worker? He is only adding more insults to intelligent people. Can you are now see the false results created by voting a straight Republican or straight Democrat ticket?
I believe he owes an apology to the district he is supposed to represent. I believe he owes it to his district to actually meet face to face as many times, as often, as requested. HE WORKS FOR THE PEOPLE IN HIS DISTRICT. HE NEEDS TO LISTEN & VOTE THE MAJORITY WILL. Now, do I think this will happen? NO. Here's why: he was just re-elected. So, his belief (& if past history is any clue) that the voters have a short-term memory may be justified. Unless there is someone running against him who can remind all the voters of his foibles, votes that his district did not support, etc. - unless the opposition is VERY strong in pointing out his ignoring people when it was the MOST important, he will very likely be in office after the next election. Also, it will take people of the district actually THINKING about their votes rather than checking off "straight republican" or "straight democrat". Are you the voter who chose a "straight ??????" option in your voting? If so, please let me know:
- Were you in a hurry?
- Why did you vote?
- Did you study the candidates for each position?
- Did you take the easy way out?
- Did you honestly not care who was elected?
- Are you so much in a 'party' line that you do not take each candidate for each position seriously?
- Do you now feel well-represented in Washington, D.C.?
- Do you feel your senator, rep, etc. actually listens to you?
- Do you trust what your political representatives say?