Yet, stroll around with your eyes wide open. The issues on the table - there are many - are serious, in some cases extremely so. What I want to do is try to open your eyes if you are thinking I am a hardcore republican who bashes democrats for the sake of bashing -- which is definitely NOT the case. This country is way beyond republican vs. democrat, liberal vs. conservative, white vs. (all other) color. So, let's wander & while doing so, imagine what the ACLU would be doing if this were a republican as prez or a republican-controlled senate or house. Strangely, they & their ilk remain silent, only confirming what most of the 'ordinary' people believe: the ACLU is only concerned with a political ideology - democrat = good, republican = evil.
- Jan. 6, 2009 Rep. Jose Serrano (D-NY), an obvious Obama fan, is proposing (H.J.Res. 5) "an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.
- Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee (D-TX) is proposing a bill (HR 73), "To provide for the collection of data on traffic stops."
- almost every bill -- especially the PORK -- includes the tag line: "for other purposes." What does that mean? That the money can be used for many other things that may or may not have any bearing whatsoever on what the bill was originally intended to do.
- Because states are unlikely to agree to the 'Real I.D. Act' introduced in 2005, it has been replaced with the 'Pass I.D. Act'. Altho you may be tempted to believe this will be better, it is absolutely not. In fact, there is a provision in it that scares the hell out of me: the PASS ID Act gives the Secretary of Homeland Security "unreviewable discretion" to issue driver's licenses and state ID cards under the Minimum Issuance Standards Section (c)(2)(B) "Evidence of Lawful Status" items (v), (xii), as well as under Section (C) Temporary Drivers Licenses and Identification Cards item (i). The term "unreviewable discretion" raises questions about the definition of this term as it relates to oversight, privacy protections, and judicial review. Everyone in this country will be required to have this I.D. within a year of passage of the final bill. Otherwise, you will be unable to board an airplane, apply for Social Security, etc. Now, does this sound good to you? Why isn't the ACLU screaming? Why isn't the MSM jumping up & down? Could it be because both have such a double standard: one for republicans & one for democrats.
- TRANSPARENCY. There is none. In fact, less than none. But, I'll explain that remark later. For now, think back to all the campaigning: every bill would be posted for 5 days minimum so the public could read it, comment, approve, etc. BEFORE it was voted on. Not only has that not happened, the bills that have been passed contain so much language that has nothing to do with the actual basis for the original bill, it is ridiculous. No bill has been posted & given the 'light of day' before being voted on & it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon. *Now that the public is coming out in droves to question, discuss, protest, object, approve, whatever, the 'Obama Health Care Plan' the House of Representatives PASSED, why is the President saying now that we don't even HAVE a bill? Exactly what were the Reps voting on then? We all can read what they voted on but are now being told by the highest office holder in the country that there really IS no bill. So, again, I ask: what did they vote on? I have read it (the house of reps version) & it certainly reads like a bill, has a number like a bill, was introduced as legislation, & yes, VOTED on in the House of Representatives. They approved THAT bill. So, again, why does bho think there is no bill?
- If Medicare & Medicaid have $500 Million every year in false claims, why hasn't that been corrected? It has been known forever. Yet, many of the same ones are in congress - so why, after all their meetings & investigations, etc., - why haven't they fixed the problems? Could it be because they do not know the first thing about how businesses should run because they do not have any real world experience?
- Terrorists captured in enemy combat situations are to be Mirandized. Why? Gitmo detainees are going to be moved into the U.S. Why? They will be given taxpayer-funded lawyers & all rights of American citizens. Why? When has ANY country given our soldiers the same kind of treatment? What can the administration people be thinking? Playing to the ultra-liberals with this card will only serve to alienate more 'ordinary' Americans. You know - those bothersome voters that were handy in November but now are useless unless they go along with whatever the administration wants.
- After making backroom deals with the AARP, pharmaceutical companies, & AMA (doctors) to not take away any more than they have already agreed to 'give up', these groups in concert with George Soros (in this case call him the 5 Million Dollar Man), plan to flood commercials into our homes praising the 'Obama' plan. Basically, it is 'the taxpayer be damned, we're going to be ok' as the philosophy of the entities.
- Rich people typically did not get that way by being stupid or gullible. Therefore, they are doing everything they can to move their companies, plants, & (of course) money out of the purvue of bho & cohorts. There is only so much you can slam them before they simply say 'enough is enough'. Workers can be had cheaper in other countries. Plants can be built with help from governments of other countries because it will be THEIR citizens who benefit from the jobs. Materials will be acquired & life will go on. But, American citizens will still be out of work with little hope of finding a job of any kind.
- There was a firm promise that NO ONE MAKING UNDER $250,000 would see their taxes raised. I guess letting the tax cuts expire doesn't count. Now, finding that the country simply cannot sustain the spending of this prez & congress, taxes will have to be raised on just about everyone. They were going up anyway because of the cuts expiring, but now the double whammy will be to add to that. I believe they will.
- I am disgusted Bush signed the TARP bill. I was against it from the beginning. Now tho, bho is trying to push all the blame off on Bush when the deficit comes up. What? Are you kidding? bho & congress are spending money that can maybe never be repaid. What Bush did was wrong (IMHO) but to justify his own actions, bho points to that even tho the first bailout he signed was "only" 800 BILLION dollars. Since then, there has been more & more until we are now in the hole for over 1.4 TRILLION. FYI bho - when you are in a hole, STOP DIGGING! Now he is talking about a 2nd bailout. As far as I am concerned, it would be number 3 for bailouts: 1 Bush, 2 bho, 3 bho.
- Fair warning so you cannot say you were not warned: people are fed up with the spending. As bho & his cohorts jet around the country, around the world, all the while telling us little peons to conserve, cut back, etc., should another bailout be shoved thru, the anger people feel about government taking over the health care industry would pale in comparison to the anger expressed with another spending bill. Even doing it in the dead of night will not make it smoother. It will be the final straw & I believe there will be many many Recall Petitions that begin & will go thru. Many now in congress will find themselves out in the cold. The new group will be watched like ants under a magnifying glass.